Google had announced the Google Allo and Google Duo at the I/O in May 2016. While Google Duo was launched on 16th August 2016, the company on Wednesday i.e. 21st September 2016 rolled out Google Allo for both iOS and Android users. It is a new smart messaging app that lets you do more than just chatting. Google Allo can help you make plans, search information, and be more expressive in chat. The phone-based app is free and available in the Play Store.
While the cool AI functionalities of the app are a big threat to many, it is the popular app WhatsApp that needs to worry more.
Here are some features of Google Allo
- Respond without typing, in your style. Smart Reply lets you keep the conversation moving with a single tap by suggesting text and emoji responses based on your personality. For example, it learns if you’re more of a “haha” or “lol” person so the more you use Google Allo, the more “you” the suggestions become.
- Shout, or whisper it, to get your point across. Add more meaning to your words by adjusting the size of your text. When you need more than ALL CAPS to get your point across, simply slide up to shout, and down to the whisper.
- Turn any photo into a work of art. Get creative with the photos you send by doodling on them or adding text. Draw a smiley face, turn your friends into memes, and mix in some colour.
- Say it all with the perfect sticker. Stickers in Google Allo are designed by independent artists and studios from around the world. From Drama Llama to Food Party, add some fun to the conversation when words aren’t enough.
- Get help from your Google Assistant without leaving the conversation. Your Assistant can suggest restaurants nearby or movies to check out, right in your conversation. Find videos to share, get directions, and seek answers together with your friends. Just add @google, and your Assistant is ready to help.
- Chat one-on-one with your Google Assistant, whenever you need it. Get the latest scores from the game. Find out how far you are from the airport, and when your flight leaves. You decide what to share with your Assistant, and the more you use it, the more useful it gets.
- Say it privately in Incognito mode. Start an incognito chat to send a message with end-to-end encryption. Incognito mode also comes with expiring chats so you can control how long your messages stick around and private notifications to help keep your chats more discreet.
So why you are waiting just download Google Allo from PlayStore and check out the amazing features. The phone-based app is free and available in the Play Store.